The Following applies to all Freshman and Sophomores, but only to juniors/seniors who competed the previous season:
- Athletes must attend the first 8 practices and demonstrate a willingness to put in the work necessary to be successful in this sport in order to be eligible for the roster.
For juniors and seniors that did not run the previous season (ie. Trying out outdoors but did not run indoors that year):
- At the conclusion of the first 5 practice athletes will be a give a time-trial to determine whether or not they make the team. Standards will be set by the coaches based on the size of the team.
Athletes should not enter or exit the building through the Commons
or Hall of Honor when dressed for practice. All athletes should use the side
doors that lead directly to the locker rooms.
should only use the locker to which they are assigned.
- Lockers must have a Prep lock. No items should be left in the
locker room unless they are in a locked locker.
- Lockers and the locker room should be kept clean
- Athletes found misbehaving in the locker room risk loosing their locker.
All athletes are expected to attend practice and meets over
Christmas and Easter break.
Athletes that qualify for States or Nationals are required to
attend practice over February break
All athletes must have a current physical and emergency card on
file with the school nurse
All athletes must attend Championship meets. All team members are
expected to stay until the end of the meet.
Absence from a non-championship meet must be discussed with a
coach in advance.
Competitors are required to wear the assigned uniform to all
Sportsmanship is expected and required from all athletes. A
violation of this may result in suspension or dismal from the team.
Physical or verbal abuse, or bullying of teammates negatively
impacts the entire team. Athletes that create a negative team atmosphere
through bullying may be suspended or dismissed from the team.